Early Cancer Detection Means Time and Options
Early detection increase the chances of successful treatment.
This is because cancer is easier to treat when it is found early, before it has had a chance to grow and spread.
How Does Cancer Occur?
Cancer is a genetic disease caused by changes in our genes. Genes are the instructions that tell our bodies how to grow and work. Sometimes, changes or alterations in our genes can cause cells to grow and divide in an uncontrolled way, leading to cancer.
Cancer can start in many different parts of the body, like the lungs, colon or stomach. As tumor cells grow, they shed fragments of DNA into the blood known as circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA). These ctDNAs contain evidence of gene alterations and their profiles are often characteristic of the organ from which they originated.
LucenceINSIGHT™ leverages proprietary technology to amplify and identify signs of ctDNA and viruses in the bloodstream.
The result is cross examined with machine-learning to study the cancer signal profile and provide insights on where the ctDNA might have originated from. LucenceINSIGHT™ will thereafter list the findings as Areas of Concern for further evaluation.
Who Should Use LucenceINSIGHT™?
LucenceINSIGHT™ is recommended in conjunction with existing screening tools for:
- Individuals aged 40 and above without personal history of cancer
- Individuals with elevated cancer risk (eg, family history of cancer)
Talk to your physician about whether the test is suitable for you.
What Do My Results Mean?
- LucenceINSIGHT™ detected alterations and/or viruses associated with cancer.
- The result may include Areas of Concern that highlight where the alterations may have originated from.
- The areas covered are Lung, Breast, Liver, Colorectum, Nasopharynx (Nose), Prostate, Pancreas, Bile Duct, and Blood (Acute Myeloid Leukemia and Chronic Myeloid Leukemia, available only for LucenceINSIGHT™ PLUS).
- This result is not a diagnosis. Further confirmatory diagnostic testing as guided by your healthcare provider is recommended.
- LucenceINSIGHT™ did not detect any alterations and/or viruses associated with cancer at this time.
- This result does not rule out the possibility of cancer.
- LucenceINSIGHT™ does not screen for every type of cancer.
- You are recommended to continue with routine cancer screening as guided by your healthcare provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still unsure about LucenceINSIGHT™?
Take a look at our commonly asked questions and their answers below.
We also recommend talking to your physician about the suitability of LucenceINSIGHT™ multi-cancer early screening for you.
- American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer.html
©2023 Lucence Diagnostics Pte Ltd. All rights reserved. All logos and trademarks are the property of Lucence or their respective owners. The information on this site is intended for audiences in Singapore and Hong Kong only.